|ION Air Pro™ 1 Software for Apple Mac||Version 1.06||Size: 629KB||Dated: 29th November 2012|
|ION Air Pro™ 2 Software for Apple Mac||Version 3.0||Size: 636KB||Dated: 4th June 2013|
|ION Air Pro™ 3 Software for Apple Mac||Version 0.65||Size: 605KB||Dated: 11th January 2014|
|iON Firmware Update for Wi-Fi PODZ™||Version 2.20||Size: 2.74MB||Dated: 9th August 2012|
How do I know what Firmware Version my Air Pro is running? (answer...)
You can make sure you are running the latest firmware by using the Firmware Check option of the Windows or Mac Software Application..
To find out the specific version number the camera is running you can follow these steps:
1. Take a single still shot with the camera.
2. On a Windows Computer - Open the Start Menu and then Computer
3. Take note of the existing Devices with Removable Storage
4. With the camera On, connect the camera to a USB 2.0 port on the computer.
5. Watch for a new device to be added to the list of Devices with Removable Storage. This is your camera which is now accessible as just another folder on the computer.
6. Open the new folder and then successive folders DCIM/100Media. You are now looking at all the image files on the camera.
7. Right click on the new Still Shot file name and select Properties
8. Select the Details Tab
9. The Firmware Version is the Program Name in the Origin Section Example: Program Name v1.16
How do I check or update my Air Pro Firmware using a Windows Computer?(answer...)
To Update Air Pro Firmware using a Windows PC:
1. Click the Start Icon in the lower left corner of the PC Screen
2. Click/Open "Computer" from the menu
3. Take note of the current Removable Drives.
4. Turn the camera on.
5. Connect the camera to the computer via USB. (Requires a USB 2.0 port on the PC)
6. You should see a new Removable Drive be added to the "Computer" window. This is the camera.
7. Click/Open the new Removable Drive
8. Run the ion.exe application
9. Select "Firmware Check"
10. Follow the On Screen Directions exactly if the Application indicates that the firmware should be updated.
How do I check or update my Air Pro Firmware using a Mac?(answer...)
The Instructions will help you install the Mac Application Software on your camera and then use the Application Software to update your camera's firmware. To Update Air Pro Software and Firmware using Mac:
1. Visit the ion website (www.iontheaction.com) to download the latest Mac software application version.
2. Insert a Micro SD card with at least 2MB free space into the camera.
3. Press the Power button to turn the camera on.
4. Connect your camera to the Mac via the camera's USB cable.
5. Use Finder to locate and open the new device "No Name" (You should see a folder "DCIM" and the file ion.exe when you open it.)
6. Drag the downloaded file to the device in the same folder as ion.exe.
7. Double click the newly loaded file to open the Mac Application.
8. Select "Firmware Check"
9. Follow the On Screen Directions exactly if the Application indicates that the firmware should be updated.
I can't install the Mac Software Application. It keeps saying move the application to the camera's memory card but I already did?(answer...)
If you have downloaded the file more than once, the Mac may have added a download version number to the file name and the camera is not recognizing the application file name. Rename the file without the version info. Example: Mac may have renamed ion_v1.05 as ion_v1-1.05.
Copyright © 2015 World Wide Licenses Ltd - The iON Logo is a registered trademark of World Wide Licenses Ltd in multiple countries throughout the world.
WWL is a wholly owned subsidiary of iON Worldwide LLC.